“What should I surrender?” is the million dollar question.
Some of you already know what you are surrendering while others of you are uncertain. For the latter group, no problem; I guarantee you that by the time you complete the five Pre-Fast Preparation chapters, you will know what you are giving up.
Also, for you who think you know what you are surrendering, don’t be surprised if that changes by week’s end. In a previous fast, one woman was certain that she would give up meats. However, after completing the Pre-Fast section she heard God clearly say, Give up an hour of your “free time” each day to devote to Me in prayer. Although challenging, she did just that and was blessed.
As you contemplate what you will surrender, here’s a list of things that others have given up:
- Food (fasting to a certain period or gave up certain food items)
- Free time
And the list goes on.
On another note, big shout out to the organizations and churches that have joined Surrender 2012! One such group is Lady of Virtue (Buffalo, N.Y.) lead by Latricia Chisholm. Another is the Latter Rain Catheral Singles Ministy lead by Sonya Peebles (Buffalo, NY). Lastly, I would like to welcome The Queen Esther Ministry of First Baptist Church of Glenarden (Maryland) lead by Carolyn Tatem, author of Marriage from A to Z. QE is giving up what I like to call the Big 3: Meats, Sweets, and TV. In an effort to support them, I am going vegan (which is the equivalent of doing the Daniel Fast). No dairy…challenging!
Don’t forget about the fasting support that is provided throughout your 40 days:
- This Blog. Follow this blog (click the link labeled “follow” in the top left corner) to have post emailed to you each Monday.
- Daily Prayer. Monday – Thursday 7:00a.m. – 7:15a.m. You can submit your prayer request to this blog, by email, or on Facebook (inbox me if you want to send a private message). The number is 712-775-7200, access code: 438001.
- Weekly conference call. Fridays from 12:00p.m. – 12:30p.m. This is a time to be encouraged through prayer and powerful testimonies of those who have completed or are completing the Surrender Fast. The number is 712-775-7200, access code: 438001.
- Facebook and Twitter updates. You are welcome to use these social media outlets to update us on your progress or encourage others through your testimony.
For more information on how to invite others to join Surrender 2012 see What is Surrender 2012.
Lastly, for those who are also giving up meat, I have included (on this site) vegetarian recipes. I will update periodically, so please check back often.
Change is in the air,
P.S. Please FOLLOW to have this weekly post sent directly to your Inbox. The icon to “Follow” this blog is in the top left corner.