People who are serious about God and fulfilling their God-given calling have passion. So let me ask you, when people describe you do they use the word “passion”? If not, in the next 40 days allow God to ignite in you a passion for Him so deep that others will be remarkably drawn to you (or in some cases repelled depending on their desire to know God).
After (7) 40-day Surrender Fast you may think I have had enough, but to the contrary. The closer I draw to God the more aware of my flaws, my unworthiness to be used by Him, and by what a nothing I truly am without Him. And it is from this posture that my passion for God and the things of Him has grown.
The passion is so great that I am willing to eliminate any and every thing that I feel keeps me from pursuing Him with all my might. To some people I seem eccentric and several have said to me, “It doesn’t take all of that.” But I know where God is taking me and it takes all of that and MORE.
What are you willing to sacrifice for a closer walk with God? What are you willing to leave behind to fulfill the call He has on your life. The surrendered believer knows that his/her life is not her own but to Christ he/she belongs.
On that note, in the next 7 days we are embarking on a new cycle of fasting! I am excited about what God will do. His word says, “Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.” I don’t know about you but I am simply looking forward to experiencing His presence in a new way.
Now a few instructions:
- Complete the Pre-Fast Preparation chapters.
- Day 1 begins on February 27, 2012.
- Please press the word “Follow” on the right of the screen to have this blog posted in your Inbox every week.
- If you are NOT receiving emails from me please Sign Up for Surrender 2012 on the website.
- The Morning Prayer resumes Feb 27, 7:00-7:15a.m. (EST).
- Please pass the word. Tweet, FB, and Email your family and friends. Pray and ask God who you should bless with a copy of this powerful book. Copies of The 40-Day Surrender Fast can be purchased on the website.
- LIKE the Surrender Fast on Facebook.
Most importantly remember that you are the favored of God, you are blessed and that you are his beloved son/daughter in whom He is well pleased. If that doesn’t ignite your passion, I don’t know what will!
With God all things are possible,
P.S. Your comments are welcome. What are you seeking? What do you need God to do for you? In what areas do you need your passion ignited (e.g, family. love walk, ministry, etc)? Please share your thoughts below.