For the first time we have had technical difficulties on the Morning Prayer Call. Several of you notified me that there were long pauses during the sessions. Not sure what that is about, but I find it interesting that this challeges occured as we studied Sprirutal Warfare…things that make you go hmmm!
Anyway, just in case you missed any part of the discussion here are the key take-a-ways:
Theme: Whose Building your House – Ps 127:1
Monday (Day 15) – The Load Bearing Wall is the Armor of God (Eph 6:22)
Tuesday (Day 16) – Why should we put on the Whole Armor of God?
1. Because your new house is located in a war zone. Don’t let the enemy in through social media, TV, literature, internet, other people, etc.
2. To stand against the devil’s schemes. When you accept Christ you become a target of a powerful army whose goal is to defeat Christ’s church. We need supernatural power to defeat Satan and we have it when we listen to the Holy Spirit and put on God’s armor.
Promise: We are already assured victory – Jesus told Peter “on this rock I will build my church and the gates of Hades will not overcome it” (Matthew 16:18).
Wednesday (Day 17) – What is the Whole Armor of God
1. The Belt of Truth. A belt emcompasses the waist, so should God’s truth emcompass you.
2. The Breastplate of Righteousness. The breastplate protects the torso and the vital organs (e.g., the heart). Righteousness is right standing with God. Do what is right in God’s eyes in doing so you protect your heart,
3. The Shoes of Preparation of the Gospel of Peace. Be ready to spread the goods news of the Gospel to others.
4. The Shield of Faith. A shield is to be raised. When you raise the shield of faith you deflect the fiery darts of the enemy.
5. Helmet of Salvation. A helmet protects the head. When you focus on Christ and what He did to save you it keeps your mind from being discouraged about what’s going on in the world.
6. The Sword of the Spirit. Your sword is the Word of God. The Word can cut through every defense of the devil. Jesus demostrated this to us during His wilderness experience and how He responded to the enemy.
Thursday (Day 18) – The Keys to Effective Spiritual Warfare
1. Before you launch out in aggressive warfare realize that some of your battles are merely the consequences of your own actions. The “devil made me do it”, is not an adequate excuse for your every sin. Blame the flesh and ask God to increase your self-control.
2. Maintain an honest heart with God. When the Holy Spirit reveals an area that needs repentence, resist the urge to defend yourself. Release pride and surrender your self-preservation insticts to the Lord. (Proverbs 16:18)
3. Be ready for a fight but embrace your seasons of rest (Joshua 11:23). The enemy must ask permission to attack (Job 1:6-12; Luke 22:31-32). If God allows the attack then He has already made a way of escape.
You can listen to these calls by dialing 213-493-0809, access code: 994553#, Ref #15, 16, 17, and 18.