Well the Chia Pet was created from the amazing chia seed. At first glance these little seeds may not look like much, but take a closer look and you’ll see that there’s more to them then meets the eye.
Chia Seeds originated from the Aztec and Mayan Civilization, and means Strength. And boy are they powerful!
In an article written on We Women Health and Fitness the author listed several facts about this seed.
- 5 times the amount of calcium that milk has.
- 3 times the amount of antioxidants that blueberries have.
- 3 times the amount of iron in spinach.
- 2 times the amount of fiber in oatmeal.
- 2 times the amount of protein of any other bean, seed or grain.
- 2 times the amount of potassium in a banana.
They also contain more Omega3 then salmon gram for gram.
As it relates to our BODIES. The Chia Seed:
- Support hydration
- Protect us from the damaging effects of the environment
- Is a natural energy booster
- Helps build muscle
- Helps with joint pain relief
- Is cleansing
As it relates to our SKIN and HAIR:
- Add 1/3 cup chia seeds to a resealable container and pour in 2 cups of water. Whisk well and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture again and let it sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until it turns into a gel.
- Mix 3 Tbsp of lemon juice into the gel.
- Apply the concoction to your hair and let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Mix 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1 Tbsp lemon juice with 2 Tbsp chia seeds.
- Gently wet your face with warm water and apply the chia exfoliating scrub to your skin. Let it set for 2 minutes, during which it should begin to form a gel.
- Remove the chia scrub with a wet washcloth and rinse your face with cool water when finished.
- Prepare a hydrating mask for your skin
- Use chia oil in an eye cream
- Treat facial redness and scars
Here’s to your health!