Just a few years back, coconut oil was at the top of the list of unhealthy oils to use, but today–thanks to much research–many now view coconut oil as one of the most resourceful and versatile natural products on the earth.
When God created the coconut, He created a superfood.
Likewise, today we know that coconut oil is heart healthy, can lower cholesterol (thanks to the saturated fat called lauric acid which has been shown to increase the good HDL) and can keep us at a good balance weight (because of fats called medium chain triglycerides; the breakdown of these types of fats in the liver equal more energy burned).
- Some oils are being classified as unsafe when heated at high temperatures (e.g., Canola Oil.) If you’re not sure how much heat any particular oil can take, a safe alternative would be Coconut Oil. Click for a full list of the safest cooking oils.
- Instead of a body lotion, 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil is all you’ll need to moisturize your entire body and achieve a healthy glow at the same time.
- Instead of buying a face or lip scrub, combine part coconut oil with either sugar (brown might be a little less abrasive) or salt (Himalayan) and gently apply to your face, lips or use on the entire body.
- Use it to remove makeup and moisturize your face all at once.
- Make your own natural deodorant. Here’s a DIY article written by Jill Winger
- Use a little to massage your cuticles. Soon you will have no need for artificial nails.
- Rub it on your tummy during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks.
- Add coconut oil to your favorite conditioner for a deep treatment, and apply to your hair; mainly concentrating on the ends since they’re the oldest parts of your hair and leave on for 1/2 hour or just use as an overnight treatment, for softer, stronger more manageable strands.
- When styling your hair, add a dime size amount of coconut oil to tame those fly-a-ways and frizz.
- Coconut oil is known to promote healthy hair growth, so use a small amount to massage throughout your scalp.
- Take one tablespoon of oil and pour it into your mouth for a great oil pulling experience. 20mins, 3 to 5 times a week is all that it takes to minimize bacteria growth in the body.
- Drinking two tablespoon of oil per day is shown to speed up your metabolism
- Squeaky doors? Rub a little oil on the hinges and presto, your doors are like new again.