We’re nearing the end of the Surrender Fast holiday blog edition and I hope you’re taking advantage of all the helpful tips (feel free to peruse the other holiday postings at your leisure).
As you know, there’s much to do at this time: house and tree decorating, gifts to wrap, parties to attend, and food to prepare.
And with our plates so full (literally and figuratively, lol) we may forget the importance of time spent with family during this season.
With that said, if you’re looking for some ideas of things to do with the fam this holiday season here’s a few things to get you on your way!
- Attend a Christmas play at your church, a local church, or the performing arts theatre.
- Watch some holiday movies, such as The Nativity Scene, Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, or any version of A Christmas Carol.
- Begin a big holiday themed jigsaw puzzle to put together before the New Year or invest in some board games you can play while having some popcorn and hot chocolate (Ooh La La!)
- Have a Birthday Party for Jesus; reflecting and telling of the time in which you accepted Him into your life as the gifts.
- Share or Read Christmas story’s to end each night.
- Visit a homeless shelter, a nursing home, or spend time with someone in need.
- Go Christmas caroling.
- Sponsor a family who is less fortunate or buy a Christmas gift for the widow(er)
- Put together a Christmas scrapbook, including photos, cards and letters.
- Make homemade Christmas cookies and let everyone decorate their own cookie.
Here’s an easy cutout cookie recipe per Allrecipes:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
Are you excited about the wonderful fun filled family activities to come? Enjoy!
Here’s To Your Health!!!
Stephanie B. Davis
Certified Natural Health Professional
**Disclaimer: Please pray and ask God for direction and always consult a doctor before starting any new regimen.**
Give the Gift of Surrender this Holiday! Save 20% off your entire purchase at the Surrender Shop. Use coupon code BLOG20. CLICK HERE TO SHOP