In honor of National Celery Month, I thought I would re-post a recent post I wrote about the beauty of Celery!
Whether it’s Game Day, a simple party or group meeting; what is almost always on the menu? Wings!
Yum! You open up the box going for a drumstick, a flat, or both. But what is usually always overlooked and discarded? The celery!
In fact, it’s been so ignored, that it has been replaced by carrots. Crickets!!! I know it just dawned on you that there used to be celery in the box.
Well break out that peanut butter we talked about on last week, because after you read of the health benefits of celery, you may conclude you’ve found the perfect companion for your peanut butter.
Notes: Celefits, get it? Like benefits, but cooler. Celefits are based on just one celery stick.
Celery and Weight Management:
- One large celery stick consists of only 10 calories.
- It’s 95% water.
- It’s an Alkaline food; and because most of us tend to be too Acidic, we suffer from a PH imbalance, which results in retaining weight versus losing weight.
- It’s a fibrous food, which means you stay fuller longer.
Celery decreases Inflammation:
- Eating celery will help if you are one who suffers from joint pain, lung infection, asthma, or acne.
Celery and Insomnia:
- Magnesium and the Essential Oil in celery, soothes the nervous system
- Eating celery at night will help you sleep better
Celery and Eyes:
- One large celery stick can provide up to 10 percent of your daily intake of Vitamin A.
- Vitamin A is a nutrient that can defend against age-related decay of vision.
Celery and Intimacy:
- Dr. Alan R. Hirsch, Director of the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, says two pheromones in celery–androstenone and androstenol–boost your arousal levels. They are released when you chew on a celery stalk.
Celery and Cancer:
- Celery contains coumarins (a vanilla scented compound found in many plants) which have been shown to be effective in the prevention of cancer
The Cele-fits of Juicing Celery…as it Relates to Skin and Hair:
Notes: Juicing celery is a great substitution for a number of manufactured beauty products found in our stores.
- It Hydrates because it 95% Water.
- It Prevents damage and other disorders because it’s an antioxidant (which frees our bodies from toxins).
- It keeps skin youthful (loaded with Vitamin A,B,C,K, niacin and folate; which is essential for repairing skin and hair damage).
- It ensures glowing hair and skin because of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, etc.
So, rather you’re eating or drinking celery, you can ensure that this superfood will get the job done from head to toe.
Here’s To Your Health!!!
Stephanie B. Davis
Certified Natural Health Professional
**Disclaimer: Please pray and ask God for direction, and always consult a doctor before starting any new regimen.**
Surrender enables you to live out God’s plan for your life. The 40-Day Surrender Fast is the tool to help you get there. Get your copy today.