Quick Tip Monday!!!
“Take care of your body.
Its the only place you have to live.”
With all the beauty happening outside, who has time to be inside?
to offer; we may be moving so fast that we exchange good eating habits in lieu of bad ones.
Be prepared, so you’re not caught off guard.
Meal prepping is the way to go. It’s a good way to enjoy the sun and fresh air and also maintain a healthy diet during the hustle and bustle of Summer.
1. Plan your meals. It is recommended that you eat 5 to 6 small, healthy meals/day. If you’re into clean eating–eating foods that are close to there natural state–(or would like to get started on that path), you want to start by limiting your intake of artificial and processed foods.
Note: By eating smaller healthier meals, you will boost your energy levels, increase muscle growth and speed up your metabolism. So the goal is to eat Breakfast, a Snack, Lunch, a Snack, Dinner, and a Snack. Simple! Right?
2. Make a grocery list of items you’ll need for the week. You may already have some of those items available in your home so double check before adding them to the list.
Clean eaters your list should include:
c. Fats (such as, cheese, eggs, peanut butter, nuts, and oils)
3. Pick a time to prepare your meals. You can prepare your meals either 3 days in advance or for the entire week. If you’re preparing meals for the week, you may want to consider freezing some of them to minimize bacteria build up.
Storage bowls or containers (single or the ones with dividers), measuring cups, and sandwich bags for storing snacks, and housing foods prepped for smoothies, etc.
The Benefits are that you will:
- Save Time: If you plan your meals in advance, then you’ll have more time for family as well as a little more quiet time throughout the week.
- Save Money: Prepping in advance eliminates the need to run to the store for a missing ingredient. This saves the cost you would spend in gas as well as the cost of picking up other “needed” items as you browse the store. (My moms motto when we were growing up was what’s in the house is what you eat.)
- Maintain or Lose Weight: By pre-planning meals, you’ll only eat the nutritious meal you planned as opposed to turning to an unhealthy alternative because you had not planned in advance.
- Become more Health Conscious: Because you’re thinking about your meals and preparing in advance, you’ll make an effort to prepare meals that are conducive to the well being of you and your household.
- Gain Family Time: Get your family involved. Kids are more apt to eat something new if they’ve had a hand in preparing it. So make it fun! The great news is this is a time where you and your family can bond, make memories/family traditions, and hang out over some good food.
So with all the benefits of advance meal preparation, who wouldn’t want to try it? I’m certainly going to!
FYI: If you’re unable to purchase organic, don’t let this deter you from starting a healthier lifestyle. Start where you are and with what you can do. Also you should prep along the lines of what’s best for you and your family’s lifestyle. This is just a general outline to get you started.
For all of you food prep enthusiast out there, please let us newbies know how it has been? And if you have any cool tips and tricks we would certainly be interested in the feedback.
Here’s To Your Health!!!
Stephanie B. Davis
Certified Natural Health Professional
Social Media and Marketing Director for Dr. Celeste Owens Ministries
**Disclaimer: Please pray and ask God for direction and always consult a doctor before starting any new regimen.*